Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onicon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I quite like MM so far. A thing that's bugging me quite a bit is that on one of my albums i am not able to set a key photo. I have about 60 pictures in it, all of about 4MB in size. Whenever i set the key photo, it is set in the left hand list, as well as when i click on the "My Gallery" button, but as soon as i have left the MM Gallery screen for any other part of MM and then return to MM Gallery, there is not image set for that gallery.
It works fine on a gallery with only six pictures of about 500kb each.

Also i don't like editing contacts in MM, adding extra fields like birthday is sheer luck an wild clicking on my part.

please apple, fix this!

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
MobileMe is hot off the press. It seems like it definitely wasn't ready for a release so I'd recommend you don't expect too much of it. (Basically it's probably safest to use alternative services for the next month or so until the service can handle most tasks)

ahoffman17

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008
key photo won't stick solution - tada

I had the same problem.
Here is my solution.

Pick a photo from your gallery that you want to be your key photo.
Go to gallery.me.com/yourname and download that photo to your computer

Rename the photo with no more than 8 digits and no spaces.
Upload that photo back to the mobile me gallery.
Make that photo the key photo and it will now stick.

I believe the problem is that it doesn't like spaces in the filename
and if you change the file name on mobile me it doesn't like that.
However, if you download the photo to your computer, change the name and then upload again - it will stick as your key photo.

tada

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
According to Steve Jobs...

According to Steve Jobs... We might see all of the functionality work in MobileMe by the end of the year... Only 5 short months away... We got a free month... Sheeesh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.