MobileMe gives me a headache

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TSX, Jul 1, 2010.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I thought i would try mobile me tonight, so i signed up for the trial. Then i tried to sync my contacts and the it went down hill from there. Then It decided to remove contacts and add duplicates of others it took me forever to fix it, i finally had to turn off the "sync contacts" option and redo some of my contacts. Anyone else run into this?

2. GidbinN macrumors member

GidbinN

I chose to merge contacts, bookmarks, calendars, therefore everything is perfect

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

iDisk is a pain in my ass. Other than that, it works great. Not worth $100 though.

I do recall having the duplicate issue a while back, but fixed it easily. No probs since.

4. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I did merge contacts like it said too.

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

Never had any problems with it really. Just make sure you understand exactly what it is saying it will do on the screen before saying yes to it. If you are using multiple computers, when adding MM to a new computer I always select to replace all information on computer with what is on MM, since my iPhone always has the most up to date info.

6. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Use Merge for the initial sync, it'll make your life easier. ;)

I've had a lot of ups/downs with it in the past, mostly SMTP timeouts and iDisk errors. I still use the e-mail from time to time but it's mostly a spambucket now. A few months ago I switched to Dropbox as opposed to iDisk. The iDisk is just too finicky for me to use reliably for an offline copy.

Syncing works really well, however, it's hardly a reason to buy MobileMe outright at $70-$99. If you have an iPhone, it's really nice at keeping your contacts/calendar/bookmarks all synchronized over the air. I've tried Google Sync and it's a close second for everything except bookmarks--not to mention free.

You've got a generous 60 days to try it out so my advice is use every single bit of it as best you can, see if you like it, and if it is worth it to you.

7. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

How do i remove the contacts from MM so i can start fresh again?

8. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Login to www.me.com and go into Contacts and Delete them. Of course, they would be gone forever. Make sure you have a backup.