MobileMe - iCloud "Cannot Get Mail" *Problem solved, disregard*

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by charleshorkings, Oct 13, 2011.

1. charleshorkings, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

charleshorkings macrumors newbie

2. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Same here, they must be having problems.

3. morphius111 macrumors member

I just posted the same thing. I get the same error. Drives me crazy. I have a feeling this is a server side issue.

4. djon41 macrumors regular

I moved my MobileMe yesterday and all worked smoothly. This morning, however, I'm getting a similar error. I think it's just sporadic outages that they're having in the transition, and will get sorted soon.

5. charleshorkings thread starter macrumors newbie

I have also had problems accessing my email on icloud.com. I am not on my personal computer at the moment, so it may be possible that mail is down completely and will be back up later. If I do eventually get this working, I will let you know.

6. schmidt65 macrumors 6502

I'm suddenly getting the same error, has worked fine up until about an hour or so ago. Also mail on icloud.com fails.

Seriously this is not good for Apple. After the complete mess of MobileMe (which I was a member of since the start) they really had to get iCloud working perfectly from the start.

7. Snapperjw macrumors regular

Dohhhh

Same issue with me also, guessing Apple wanted to join Blackberry with having major outages with messaging.

You BB are not alone!!!!

8. glen e macrumors 68030

jeez settle down - moving an entire owner base over - blackberry is down and they don't know when it will come back up...perhaps you'd have better luck there...

9. nursedina macrumors newbie

Im getting the same thing. Worked last night perfectly. I imagine there are too many people on the servers today and hopefully it will go back to regular. I can't get into my iCloud (me.com) email and I can't get into Ichat.

Ill sit and wait i guess...

it sucks cause I really rely on my email to get papers from my lawyer etc..ugh..

10. morphius111 macrumors member

I cannot load emails on iCloud using my computer. Their mail server is down. We will have to wait.

11. mdntcallr, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

I have the same problem. can't get email

it isn't even a configuration problem on my end. if i log into icloud.com, wont let me get mail via web browser.

so.... apple has some issues.

it ain't just blackberry that has problems.

and this has been for hours. not just now.

12. schmidt65 macrumors 6502

You were obviously not there at the start when MobileMe had the same issues. Issues that unfortunately were never fully resolved and started the demise of MobileMe. I'm not saying for an instant iCloud is going to be like MobileMe, but it's a poor beginning for something that really needed to get right from the start.

For the record, I love Apple & consider myself an iAddict (Brand new iMac 27", Apple TV 2, iPad 2 64GB 3G, iPad 32Gb 3G, 2 X iPhone 4 32GB's and a 64Gb 4S on the way!!) The issue purely lies with their internet services, something they have yet to get right (and unfortunately for me, something i keep relying on)

Perhaps that's my mistake...

13. AllenB313 macrumors newbie

Same issue!

I'm having the same issue! I get the "The user name or password for "iCloud" is incorrect" error and "The Connection to the outgoing server "p06-smtb.mail.me.com" failed messages every time i open the mail app. Any advice anyone?

14. charleshorkings thread starter macrumors newbie

I can now access icloud.com email, but still cannot access my email on my iphone. Will wait until later when I can use my computer and finish my move to icloud. Hopefully that will solve my iOS mail issues.

Thanks.

15. morphius111 macrumors member

I just got mail to my iPhone. I think it is back on

16. jneubarth macrumors newbie

mine is good to

just came back on mac air, iPhone and iPad

17. ktang macrumors member

my isn't working either, I also made a thread about it. Just out of curiosity when you guys tap on settings and iCloud, do you guys log in with your new @me.com email address or do you guys still use your old apple ID email address. I tried both, was able to log in using either email address but emails are not coming in, keep on getting the same error as OP.

18. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Apple needs to post something about this problem, don't you think?

----------

I use my old Apple ID email address which was an @me.com address.

19. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

Well, i dont know if it is over. i still have some issues with my Mail program and my iphone

it is working via web browser and phone, but i still get a password popup problem.

20. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

iCloud is rejecting my password right now. This has been an intermittent problem for the last couple days. Nothing serious. Just Apple making the transition from MobileMe to iCloud. Be patient.

21. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

22. jneubarth macrumors newbie

and now gone again

bigger issue seems to be with my mac air now...

iphone is intermittently getting mail

groundhog day for the mobile me launch:(