Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddyg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

When syncing three macs and an iPod touch in New Zealand (which is one day ahead of Cupertino) I find that MM increments the birthdays in my address books - they slowely start creeping backwards. Most annoying sinceit then sync those changes everywhere and you lose all track of peoples birthdays.

Other than that an the slow iDisk issues I'm pretty happy with MM.

As for datelines, my ATV thinks it is in Cupertino as well - always funny to see things added "today" being in the future.

Cheers Ed

eddyg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Have you set the time zone on your computer to the correct time zone? Look in System Preferences and then date & time.

Of course, but yes, a must ask question.

And even if it were incorrect, there is nothing in
A TZ that should change someones birthday, as far as I know if you're born on the 10th of April then that stays the same no matter which country you are in! :)

I reckon that all birthdays get converted into pacific time on upload to MM an then back to your TZ on return. And the bug is in that process. Leaving the date alone would be better.

Cheers Ed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.