MobileMe Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrock2004, Jul 18, 2008.

1. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

When I make a change on my calendar on the ipod touch and I get home on my wifi what do I need to do to push it to mobile me server? I do not see the calendar events added to my ical on my mac. Am I missing something?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

You have to sync your data in order to make it show up in iCal and Address Book. These do not yet support push.

3. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that and it did not update? Are you saying mobile me is not support with ipod touch yet?

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

??? I've had absolutely no trouble with push. All of my contacts, calendar items, and mail sync without any trouble.

To set it up in the iPod Touch, go to Settings>Fetch New Data and turn Push on.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What are you talking about? When my iPod has internet (since the launch day of MobileMe) I have been able to push my contacts and calendars around.

To the OP: you don't need to do anything, you're supposed to be able to just walk into a wifi area and have it push.

have you tried going into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> (account description [like MobileMe]) >> ON, ON, ON, ON?

6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Mine has no problems either. Make sure your settings as correct.

7. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

I have the same issue, but I think its because I have calendar and contacts syncing with Exchange. I don't think I can sync my calendar from my mac to my touch and have Exchange sync with it.. Its one or the other.. I think.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

:apple::apple:

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I could see that having an effect. I don't know, though, since I don't use Exchange. Does anyone here combine MobileMe and Exchange?

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm talking about it not showing up on his mac, which is the problem here. You have to sync .mac on the computer's side in order for something to change. The changes get pushed to the server, but that's not the problem. The problem is that push doesn't work with desktop apps yet. Data must be fetched via syncing.

10. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok so what I did was tell mobile me not to sync my cal. it erased everything on my ipod touch. Turned it back on and put a new appt and it did sync over I think. Went to my mac and it said there was a new appt to add and I said yes. But it still is not showing up. But now at least it is showing up in mobile me website.

So now I disconnected from the wifi. added another event. reconnected it to the wifi.

It works now. So I guess if you have an issue what I did will resolve it for you.

11. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Hmm. Well, I guess that works!