MobileMe & iWeb virgin

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by markjwinter86, Jul 27, 2010.

1. markjwinter86 macrumors newbie

I've never dealt in any web stuff before so I'm really confused...

I'm looking to publish my website I've created in iWeb and from what I can understand, MobileMe can host this for me? What I can't work out is whether or not I can get a domain name with it?

I've stupidly wasted my MobileMe trial and am now looking to buy a years subscription but only if it'll host my iWeb site.

Searching through many sites on Google I've found various mentions of buying a domain on 'Go Daddy' first but I don't want to do that if I can get one via MobileMe.

In short, how do I get a domain name and publish my iWeb site, can it be done all in MobileMe? With everything else MobileMe offers it seems beneficial to do things this way. Just need to know if (and how) it can cater for my main need.

I know this probably seems stupid but this is one particular area of Macs and websites that go well over my head.

Thanks,

Mark J Winter

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Yes, you do have to buy a domain name from a domain registrar (such as GoDaddy). Then you go into your domain name settings and point its DNS, IP and CNAME records to MobileMe.