MobileMe (.mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by guklein, Jan 11, 2009.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

If a try a free trial on Mobile for 60 days I get a .mac account, right? If I do not subscribe it after this period, will I lose my .mac account?

Thank you.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

While on the trial you are limited to just 10 GB of storage but have all the other features as far as syncing, e-mail, and being able to publish an iWeb site. If the trial lapses, the account can be reactivated but anything that was stored online will be cleared and the e-mail account will be disabled from being able to send/receive. The trial is set to auto-rollover to a full membership (you need a credit card to sign up for it) but you can opt out anytime before the trial expires and not be billed. Hope that answered your questions.

3. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, thank you.

After the trial I am not able to send/receive emails using .mac account, right?

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Not quite. They will give you a grace period to re-activate (which includes Mail access but nothing else) but will then close you down after 15 days.

5. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. prinou macrumors newbie

Mobile me free 2 month trial subscription

A scam by Apple.
    I have subscribed to the free MOBILE ME trial :

-you have to give your CC details to benefit from that offer first.
    -Before the end of the trial period they send you an e-mail asking if you would like to continue with it and be charged or drop it. I said drop it.
    Yet I have been charged. There has been 8 exchange of e-mail so far (I can manage to get a phone number or even last name) and the matter has not been resolved. Googleing the problem I see there is many many other people in my case.
    They come with a set of excuses :
    -We has being two account open under the same e-mail address
    -They have not charged us so we have been victim of fraud and we should contact our bank to cancel our CC account right away ..ect...

crooks.

great !

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

To actually opt out you need to visit the me.com website and access your account settings. I don't believe you can opt out with a simple email or without contact with MobileMe chat support.