MobileMe mail bug - entire page refresh

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by CaptSaltyJack, Sep 11, 2008.

1. CaptSaltyJack macrumors 6502

BUG: Go to MobileMe mail page, your emails come up. Click an email once, then click "reply". You type up your reply and hit send, but the compose window refreshes and comes up with your list of emails. Your email is totally lost.

This refresh bug also happens sometimes when you visit the mail page and click an email. The entire page goes blank as it refreshes.

This happens on Firefox 3.

Apple, please fix, or I stab you in the eye. Thanks.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Learn from this.

I do this, no matter where I am typing. MacRumors, a web-based email or any other type of post/form. I copy all the text just before I click send. That way, if some sort of error occurs, then I have it copied, and only need to paste it back in.

This shouldn't happen, but it doesn't hurt to prepare yourself, especially after you've written a long email.

3. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

Your advice is good advice, and it's fine if the occasional forum has issues like this. But for $99/year, I expect the MobileMe web app to NOT behave this way. Period.

4. kolax macrumors G3

Are you on Windows or OS X? I understand your frustration, but for the sake of avoiding any further hiccups, if you are on OS X use the Mail.app.

The web apps are still beta form really, and I'm avoiding using them at all costs until MWSF 09' in January. Steve will definitely make an announcement about the state of MobileMe and by then, it'll be much improved. It better be, or else.

5. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm currently on Windows (at work). I'd definitely avoid MobileMe web if I were at home on my Mac.

6. aduteau macrumors 6502a

Yes .. or else this is a complete piece of garbage, Web apps better be fixed ... because no one will dish out 99$ for a half complete service who took good features away from .Mac for the same price !

7. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

This refresh bug is still around.

Apple, you should fire the team who worked on MobileMe Web. It's a horrible, horrible "Web 2.0" experience. I could've built a better web app single-handedly. No, I'm not exaggerating.

8. dice1976 macrumors newbie

dice1976

Just amazing that this post was over 3 years ago and it's till a problem....

9. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

Er.. it is? me.com got a total refresh from scratch by now, it works great.