MobileMe Mail via Mail.app Down!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mccoymg, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mccoymg macrumors newbie

Desktop app servers are unresponsive. Cannot send or receive via Mail.app. Webmail appears to work...

2. downingp macrumors 6502a

This whole MobileMe transition has been a disaster. I am starting to feel embarrassed because I talk apple up so much about how great their computers and other services.
    My mail hasn't been working properly since day 1 on the switch. Every now and then I will receive mail to my iPhone and other computers even though it shows up on the mobileme site.
    Actually I just checked my mobileme account randomly and it looks like I received an email 45 min ago and I still haven't received it on my iphone.

I am going to have to keep on the down low for a while because I know I am going to start hearing it from everyone I have talked to about how great Apple is.

3. nutella69 macrumors newbie

Yep it's down again :eek:

MobileMe Mail is a disaster !!! Nothing else to say...

4. downingp macrumors 6502a

I am not sure I like Apple getting as popular as it has become. It seems the more popular Apple becomes the more like Microsoft they become. I switched from Microsoft years ago because Apple "just worked". Now I am starting to wonder what direction Apple is going in.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Consider talking realistically about Apple? :confused:

If you told everyone you talked to that Apple was a company that generally does stuff right (which there are lots of examples of), but it doesn't do literally everything right (with there are also lots of examples of), then I think their expectations would be set more realistically.

Nobody, including Apple, likes how the MobileMe launch is going.