MobileMe (No confirmation email)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yemiko93, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Yemiko93 macrumors newbie

Today, a person in my class stole my Ipod touch. We aren't sure who it is yet, but the school is trying to figure it out. Before it got stolen, I installed the MobileMe just incase if I ever needed to track down my Ipod touch (which is a good thing considering the situation that I'm in right now).

The thing is for some reason, it can't locate my Ipod touch. And when I try to do a remote lock from my computer, it tells me that it has to send a confirmation email, but its been 6 hours and I have gotten nothing yet. I also tried to do the message and I'm supposed to get another confirmation email as well and still no luck. It says "Remote lock and message pending" and it can't locate my Itouch. Is there something that I did wrong or didn't do?

I'm really fustrated because when I need this app the most, I can't use it because it can't even locate my Itouch! And I had the app on before it got stolen. I really want to track my device, but I don't understand why I'm not getting those confirmation emails and location. Please, somebody help!!!!! :confused:

2. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

I didn't know that iPod touch could be traced that way in the first place - only iPhone and 3G iPad.

Seems to me like it's not in any wifi zone either, or the thief may have disabled the tracing function. This is always a possibility.

3. Yemiko93 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, there are a handful of free apps where you can use on the ipod touch to track it. this app can track ipod touches, iphones, and ipads.

and that was what i was thinking too.......... but i also had it registered on apple so if by any chance that they try to use it on their itunes, i might be able to catch them. but im hoping that they're not that smart to figure that out........... i just need those confirmation emails!!!! :(

and yeah, i was thinking that maybe they havent gotten wi-fi or they're smart enough to not go on it, but whats the use of having a ipod touch when u cant go on the internet.......

4. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

If they delete those apps right after stealing the iPod, will the iPod still traceable?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the theft. Sometimes we lose things and the finder may be honest or not. But other times, a dishonest person has targeted us for his action and stolen the device. It's very disappointing and makes you think "why me? how could he do it?", and I really hope you get to catch that person.

5. Yemiko93 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think that if they only erase the apps, then its still traceable. i dont think it would be considered as a "wipe" cause they wouldn't be deleting all of my personal info and whatnot. however, if they somehow are able to wipe my itouch, then it wouldnt be traceable.

but as soon i came home after school, i went on my computer to do the lock but i haven't gotten the confirmation yet. so i think they are still able to access my stuff :(

but i know for a fact that it WAS someone from my period 4 class because i know i had it then because i checked half an hour into the period. i leave my desk to be in the group and when class ended, i go check and its gone. so the principal is going to try and straighten things out although im not sure how............................

and im sorry about it too, i sure learned my lesson. just goes to show that u cant really trust anyone in this world. learn from my mistakes and install a tracker and actually test it so others wont end up in this predicament like me :(

theres gotta be a reason why im not receiving those emails!!!

6. torbjoern, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

We live in a world full of thieves - and the ones who are less careful in terms of keeping an eye on their belongings, will likely be the first in line to have them stolen. I have a tracker on my iPhone and I also have a screen saver password. If the wrong code has been entered 10 times, the iPhone will wipe itself so that all personal info will be gone (I'm of the paranoid kind). The iPhone will of course be un-traceable after that, but my insurance company will get me a new one anyway.

7. Yemiko93 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, that is true....... ugh, i just want my itouch back!!! at least there's a greater probability that i might get it back considering it was only from one classroom. yeah..... ill just cling to that piece of hope