MobileMe not pushing to iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by nickster9224, Sep 1, 2008.

1. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

i bought an iphone yesterday and mobile me. i can make changes on the phone and it will instantly go on me.com. but whenever i make changes to contacts or calendars on me.com. it never makes it too my iphone. help please?

2. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Have you gone into your me.com settings and enabled Push? If not do so. Also, your me.com only syncs every fifteen minutes. So make sure you don't make a change on your MacBook and then shut it down. If you have to head out then hit the "sync now" button so everything goes to your phone.

My iCal and Contacts have worked awesome with the push syncing but my mail is up and down and for the moment its down.

3. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I believe mobileme push service is busted. I haven't had emails pushed to me in a few days. Prior to that, it was pushing just fine for weeks.

I've since set it to fetch on my phone, so at least it'll check it once in a while. If it's set to push and push is not working, you'll never see emails until you actually open the mail app. Very frustrating.

4. xolan99 macrumors regular

I signed up on Friday for the free-trial...NOT ONCE have I gotten an email pushed. Meanwhile, Yahoo works almost every time.

Grrr...

5. shaysnngel macrumors newbie

mobileme doesn't push, yahoo does???

xolan, you say that you signed up for the free trial and that it doesn't work but yahoo works almost every time. does yahoo have a push feature or are you just fetching quite often??

6. MindStalker macrumors newbie

I had this problem

I had the same problem.
    go into settings -> advanced and turn your push accounts back to manual.
    check your email, exit
    check your calendar, exit
    reboot your iphone completly
    turn accounts back to push
    recheck your email and calendar.
    Push should work instantly! (well for email, calendar is still a bit slow)

7. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

What about bookmarks? As of today, for some reason, I can't get my bookmarks pushed onto my iPhone and they are all gone!

I verified a few times on my PC which has MobileMe running and synching my PC Safari Bookmarks. The MM control panel says it is successfully synching. My bookmarks are all there in PC Safari. But the iPhone isn't pulling anything down!

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have contacted Apple many times about this issue. there really is no push at all. I have checked my phone only to see that it has not been updated in over 8 hours. (over EDGE with good signal) So far nothings changed

9. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Push not working for me either, so I'm trying MindStalkers suggestion. This combined with mobileme's performance on the XP machine at work - I reply to an email, press send, and it just refreshes the page to the inbox, loosing the repy completely :mad: - are making me very unhappy with ther service...

10. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Delete the account and re-add it. This trick works well.

11. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

+1

I've also found that just turning Mail, Contact and Calendars off on MobileMe on the iPhone, waiting until the phone wipes your calendars and contacts, then turning it back on works equally well.

12. immemorial macrumors member

Push is also not working on my ipod touch.

Tried that. Worked for about a day and it was back to not pushing emails.

13. saschke macrumors 6502

Had an iPhone since September 2007, as of yesterday, MobileMe stopped pushing Mail, iCal and Contacts to my iPhone. Tried every trick in the book, didn't help.

I'm in the same boat here :(

14. spacedout17 macrumors member

Glad its not just me that's having this problem. Over the weekend push stoped working. have not really done any thing yet (like deleting the info then adding it back to get it working) i think Apple may just be having some issues. we will see.

15. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Anyone having this problem the past few days?

I just replaced my iPhone 3G after the MIC died. Ever since, I only get new emails when I physically click through to my Mail inbox.

I made sure that MobileMe is using 'PUSH'

16. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I do.
    I just started a thread where I mentioned it (Where to Complain?)
    I have a 3G and usually I get my mails to my iPhone before my MBP.
    Now I have to go into the acoount before it connects to the mail server

17. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

I know this is probably a stupid question, but did you reboot your phone by holding down both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears?

Once in a great while my phone will go stupid, and 99.9% of the time that works.

18. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Push quit on my sometime last night. Tried the disable and re enable and it's working for now. I'm guessing this is just a hiccup in the service and apple will fix it and put out a press release

19. philMBP macrumors 6502

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I can't send email on my phone using MobileMe. Says something about the SMTP server.

21. philMBP macrumors 6502

Check your primary SMTP server and settings. The server name is smtp.me.com Did you use the MobileMe add account "wizard"?
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1152

22. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, I have had the same MobileMe setup on my phone for over a year and suddenly today I can't send email.

23. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I get that message once in a blue moon for my Gmail SMTP server, but I've never gotten it for the MobileMe server. Have you changed your password recently? The iPhone won't tell you your password is wrong (at least, it didn't for me when I changed mine), it will just stop behaving normally until you change the password on the iPhone to match.