Mobileme not working on ios 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zermelo, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Zermelo macrumors regular

OK I have several different idevices: iPod touch 3, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and ipad 2.

All of the devices are upgraded to 5.0.1 EXCEPT the iphone 4, and all of them are jailbroken. I haaven't upgraded to 5.0.1 on the iPhone 4 because I like the way it is running and have it set up just the way I want it.

I like the cloud services for ios 5, and notticed that ios 4.1 on the iPhone allows you to use the cloud services for mobile me however for some reason mobileme is not working on ios 4.1. I always get the error that "The user name or password for 'Mobileme' is incorrect."

I tried to troubleshoot the problem, the funny thing is that I can send mail but not receive it. Also if I set up the mail using "other" mail options rather than the mobileme mail option, it works fine BUT all I can use is mail and calendars, it doesn't allow me to sync any of the other cloud services.

My suspicion is that Apple changed something in the imap server when ios 5 came out. Perhaps the imap server changed, but I can't change the imap server if I use the mobileme option for mail.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit the default imap server option since the phone is hacked and I can get to any of the plists on the phone. Or is there some other fix BESIDES upgrading to ios 5.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Beter get used to iCloud, you can't open new MobileMe accounts and current MobileMe accounts end in june this year