Mobileme not working..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trek1500, Jul 18, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

I just got my Mac Mini a week ago and have been so frustrated with MobileMe that I'm considering going back to the Apple Store this weekend and complaining about false advertising.

When I was at the Apple store last weekend buying my Mac Mini I was told that if I got a MobileMe subscription for one year it would be 30% off with the purchase of an Apple computer. The features sounded really cool in that I had an Ipod Itouch and the thought of everything updating for me automatically was a great feature. Lo and behold..once I set it up it seemed to work for awhile and then all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. I just went to the Apple site and it said that contacts were down but that for me.com it should be fine...that wasn't true...i just went to me.com and my contacts have not changed in several days..

I tried calling Apple support and the rep was nice but admitted that all MobileMe support was through an online chat..so I signed on over 30 minutes ago for online chat and gave up when no one came online..

So here I am in the forum voicing my gripes about MobileMe and how upset I am that I shelled out $70 when I could have gotten a free 60 day trial which was not shared with me when I bought my computer..

So far my only major headache since getting this mini..

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

MobileMe is working fine for me. Are you sure you installed and configured it properly? Have you synced?

3. trek1500 thread starter macrumors member

trek1500

As far as I know I set everything up correctly and even went to Apple's site and tried some of the troubleshooting tips they suggested all to no avail. What caught my eye though at Apple's site was that they admitted that MobileMe was having problem syncing contacts with Handhelds, Mobile Devices and other PCs but that it was working OK with me.com. But after checking me.com I noticed it wasn't as far as my contacts were concerned. I did update my calendar and that seemed to go through but then a 2nd change to my calendar didn't so I'm like what's up? Supposedly MobileMe is supposed to sync automatically every 15 minutes..I even tried manually syncing with no results pushing through..

When I was speaking to APPLE technical suppost earlier she did tell me that she was getting an exorbitant number of calls about MobileMe problems..ever since they switched from .Mac to MobileMe. I should have done my research before getting this...

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, I wouldn't worry too much at this point. If you can exercise a little patience, I'm sure they'll get the bugs worked out. Did you get the email from the MobileMe team? If not, here's what it said:

Attached Files:

5. ronainsworth68 macrumors member

I noticed that Push is not working at the moment. Not for Contacts and Calendar anyway.

6. trek1500 thread starter macrumors member

trek1500

Thanks for the update. I am going to try to exercise some patience but I think what irritated me more than anything else was the fact that I didn't spend enough time researching this product before making a decision to save myself "30%" after getting the pitch from the sales guy...I'm not blaming him...it's his job but that letter you sent pretty much says it all...they should not have advertised "push" when that is far from the case...

The way the tech support gal sounded it has been a "nightmare" on their end...especially the fact that the "live" operators aren't trained enough to resolve these issues and they have to direct everyone to an online support chat that you literally cancel out of due to the outrageous wait times...I've gotten more support from this forum than APPLE to be truthful. Thanks for the feedback guys and I'm still ambivalent about whether I want to retain this service after going through what I've been through...

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It's a great service, just give them a little while to work out all the bugs. I think once it gets working 100% you'll be happy with it.