MobileMe on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MajorTCS, Dec 10, 2010.

1. MajorTCS macrumors regular

I have discovered and verified that the almighty MM website cannot be accessed on the iPad Safari web browser. Thank You Apple. Is there an APP for that?

2. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

there are separate apps for each of mobileme's services. search the store for them.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

What is it that you're trying to do? It appears that MobileMe is in flux. There are apps for "Find My iPhone", "iDisk" and "MobileMe Gallery" for the iPad and the iPad's calendar and mail functions already sync to MobileMe. Apple's already hinted at changes coming in 2011.

4. adbe macrumors 6502a

This manages to bug the hell out of me at least once every couple of weeks or so.

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

This is not new. Anyone with an iPad and Mobile Me account since April has known this. It has been reported on the Internet as well. Apple has provided some of the core or basic services via apps that allow connectivity or access to some of these services. If you use MM, then you have email, contacts already as native apps on the iPad. You can go to the Apps Store and get the rest of what you want.

6. SpudGT macrumors member

When at work IMAP can't get through the firewall, so the built in mail app is useless.

Would be nice to use the MobileMe web site from my iPad to get around this issue ...

7. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Yup. That is a problem. Apple promises something new and improved for MM next year. Fingers crossed.

8. william1949 macrumors member

Yup....Get the browser "Atomic Web" - in it's settings you can tell it to be seen as a desktop Safari browser (among other things).

9. SpudGT macrumors member

Thanks for the pointer to Atomic Web ... I can now get at my MobileMe mail from work!

Seems a bit on the slow side (which could easily be MobileMe), how does it perform for you? Still a huge step forward.

10. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I have found the iPad application for iDisk to be rather pointless. I downloaded the application simply to update folders and add some new one, but I couldn't do that on the application...

It is strictly for viewing what is already on your iDisk, I supposes that is good enough for most users.