MobileMe on Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tidegu, Feb 17, 2012.

1. tidegu macrumors newbie

has anyone noticed MobileMe is removed from ML? it forces you to move to iCloud.

I'm still using MobileMe as it supports iDisk, provides iWeb, photo gallery, and most important, it syncs my keychain.

I have multiple Macs that need the keychain been synced. I can't move to iCloud except keychain syncing implements or been forced to.

Is there anyone have a workaround for using MobileMe, or just sync keychain on ML?

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This wasn't exactly unexpected...

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple has made it no secret that MobileMe is going away, why build it into an OS that will be released after apple stated MobileMe is going to be discontinued

4. tidegu thread starter macrumors newbie

who knows ML killed MobileMe....... Lion didn't.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

You're kidding, right? Lion was released while MobileMe was still being supported. ML is being released after ML is supposed to get shut down. No surprise. Nothing to see here. Move along.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

ML is a beta feature that is to be released with Mountain lion in late Summer 2012.

MobileMe goes byebye June 30, 2012.

This is a no-brainer.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

exactly. why would they bother adding anything concerning MM when it will be shut down completely by the time that ML is released? i certainly wouldn't have expected it to be in there. :rolleyes:

8. tidegu thread starter macrumors newbie

ok... but anyone has an idea of syncing keychains?

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I would think it should be doable via Dropbox. I know 1Password syncs via Dropbox.

jW