Mobileme only for domain hosting worth it?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SchneiderMan, Sep 10, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Im using the trial Mobileme to host my site and personal domain with iWeb, i kinda like the ease of uploading my site with iWeb, but i only use mobileme for that. is it worth the $100 for just that or is there a better way?

thanks!

2. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

Well here is the thing about MobileMe: it does NOT support server side scripting such as PHP/MySQL. Keep in mind that an HTML form requires PHP to submit it. MobileMe is perfect if you want all of the other features and use it to host your site. Take into consideration though that GoDaddy costs <$60 per year for a hosting plan and you get the added functionality of server side scripting. GoDaddy even offers free hosting if you buy your domain from them, however, they do put an ad at the top of sites that are hosted for free.

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I suppose you have to pay in order publish your site? IOW, it doesn't work in the 'free trial'?

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

MobileMe can easily be found for $70. That's about the same price as a cheap hosting package. :)

5. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

yes im on a free trial right now. but i will buy it thanks guys.