Mobileme or Mobilemeh?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pandaboots, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Pandaboots macrumors regular

Pandaboots

I'm posting this to see if others having the same issues and also looking for explanations on a couple of items: BTW - I have a trial .mac account that was converted to mobileme if that matters.

1) Anyone having an issue when composing an email from me.com with the address book icon not working to fill in the "to:" line therefore having to manually enter email addresses? My address are on me.com, but I can't access them when composing a new email.

2) Mail.app keeps creating folders called ".mac" and "on my mac" and a subfolder called deleted messages when i delete messages. And this also occurs withthin the trash can itself. I'm attaching screenshots. I haven't this slightest clue as to why rss feeds go into the "on my mac" folder when deleted and emails go into the ".mac" folder. I've experimented with deleting them online vs mail.app but it doesn't matter. Below are the screen shots of what happens when I simply delte the default rss feed and 1 received email.

3) Why does idisk have a sites folder and a web folder with a sites subfolder?

I'd like to switch to mobileme and mail.app once I get my iphone, but Apple mail seems to be very confusing and disorganized.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. JP89Hornet macrumors regular

JP89Hornet

I have subscibed to .Mac for almost a year and LOVE it!!! I think it was worth it 100%.

I just have to keep believing that they will have this mobileme situation sorted out soon... I have never really had trouble.

Below I answer your questions in bold:

3. Pandaboots thread starter macrumors regular

Pandaboots

thanks for the reply..as for idisk..I was wondering why there was sites folder and a web folder. The web folder appears to be where iweb site files are stored..so what use is the sites folder?

I guess as far as mobileme and mail.app go, there appears to be some issues apple has to iron out, especially with all the random .mac references still embedded within osx...