MobileMe Personal Domain

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by synagence, Jul 31, 2008.

1. synagence macrumors 6502a

Anyone got personal domain config to work in MM?

When i try to put in my domain name (which i have set a CNAME entry to web.me.com) it comes up with domain invalid.... complaining that it can only have letters, numbers and hyphens in .... my domain name has a hyphen but thats it.... other than that its a www.domain-name.com style one.

I raised a support call for it but i raised one about something else on the 25th and have heard nothing so i'm not holding out much hope

Anyone got any suggestions or am i missing something?

Thanks
    Jamie

2. lenb macrumors member

That's interesting! I have just emailed support with exactly the same problem. My domain is .co.uk

lenb

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i emailed them last week, and they said they sent the query off to Apple engineers..

I read on some other threads that some Apple CS bods could do it manually, so I emailed Apple CS back and they asked for some security answers which I provided and they have now set up my .co.uk domain!!

woohoo

4. synagence thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just spoken to mobileme support via chat .... they say there is a known issue right now with domain names with a hyphen in them

Support chap was able to set it manually for me after some security checks ...

I suggest you get on to them if you want it doing ... otherwise just be patient.