MobileMe prompts password for old computer

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tcphoto, Oct 27, 2009.

1. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

After adding an iphone to my list, I have tried syncing my MobileMe account. Shortly after hitting the sync button I am asked for a Powerbook G4 password. Problem is I retired the machine several years ago and I still use the same password which continues to get rejected. I just spent over an hour with Apples online chat and they recommended that I call technical support. The diagnosis was a damaged keychain file. Has anyone experienced a fix for this?

2. MacMan96 macrumors newbie

I just had the same thing happen to me right now. (When syncing, I was asked for the password for a retired computer). Password worked, but just curious as to why it popped up. I had deleted that computer from the "advanced" button on MobileMe Sync Preferences pane.

Did you get an answer from tech support about why it happened or how to fix it/clear it?

3. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are these old Macs still listed as registered in the MM preference pane?

If yes, try deleting them.

5. MacMan96 macrumors newbie

In the case of my computer... No, it was deleted a while back. It doesn't show up in the preference pane.