mobileme push contacts trouble over turkey day weekend?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by sir42, Nov 28, 2008.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

I noticed midway through Thanksgiving day that I was missing about half of my contacts on my iPhone. They are all still in my Address Book on my Mac and on the mobileme website, but only about half are showing up on my iPhone.

Anyone else getting this? Perhaps they are having some server problems?

2. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I started having these same issues yesterday. It is getting pretty annoying...

3. Brandonsc macrumors member

Oh I'm so glad you guys brought this up. I have been on the phone with Apple for the last hour about this. She had me restart, turn push on and off, delete and recreate my account, as well as a handful of other things. Her conclusion was that I need to Restore my phone. I did that and it still wasn't working. It seems something is wrong with MobileMe. I am missing ALL of my contacts. It seems my phone wasn't affected until this morning. I virtually watched them disappear, I open my recent calls and watch as they all turned from names to numbers. VERY FRUSTRATING!

4. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Now my mac won't sync with mobile me either, ugh... sir42, is your name Brandon by chance? If so, I think I cracked the case. They disabled all mobile me accounts for people named Brandon. :D;)

5. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, not Brandon, but my contacts still aren't fully syncing. I have about 500 contacts showing up on my iphone out of about 1000. MobileMe contact syncing has been working flawlessly for the last couple of months, something must have happened yesterday.