Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natebookpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Maryland
Has anyone else noticed that since the last update MobileMe push email has been working flawlessly. It used to work pretty good for me but when I was on a wireless network it would have issues, and sometimes I would have to delete and recreate my account. Ever since the last update though it has been working perfectly. Anyone else notice this?

jdzialak

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
Thats great news. I'm considering mobile me.
Do you need a mobile-me email address or will it push/forward your existing address?

Joe

natebookpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Maryland
Well you need a mobilme or yahoo address to push to your iphone. That being said once you have one of those you can just forward your old email to that address. I think they offer a 60 day trial so you can give it a try.

jdzialak

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
Well you need a mobilme or yahoo address to push to your iphone. That being said once you have one of those you can just forward your old email to that address. I think they offer a 60 day trial so you can give it a try.

Ok Thanks, I will.

Joe

haddman

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
I tried the whole forward to mobileme from my gmail when I first got the phone back in July. Used it for a few months, deceided to stick with just Gmail. Not worth the hastle of keeping up both inboxes, and not accessing all your gmail folders. 1 hour fetch is good enough for me anyways.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
MobileMe has been incredible the last few months. I use it with GMail forwarded and it has been flawless! I definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence.

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
MobileMe has been incredible the last few months. I use it with GMail forwarded and it has been flawless! I definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Mobile Me email and calendar have been great, but about once a week all of my MM contacts disappear and then take about two minutes to re-download. A major pain when trying to call someone.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Was battery life an issue you had before that is now better? When I used push before I would get less than one day of battery life, now with it off I get double that.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2008
Works great for me. That is the biggest reason for me to have a iPhone. For my customers data base it is the best thing out there. Without Mobile Me, any phone would do for me. That wireless sync, is sooo valuable for my business as a road salesman that I cannot imagine having to carry all of those files around anymore.

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2003
I just noticed today my push notifications take 15-30 minutes on 2.2. When I was on 2.1 It would take under 15 seconds.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I just noticed today my push notifications take 15-30 minutes on 2.2. When I was on 2.1 It would take under 15 seconds.

Weird. My push notification doesnt EVEN take 15 seconds. I get it faster on my iPhone than I do on my desktop using mail.app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.