MobileMe Push Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kgood, Jul 29, 2008.

1. kgood macrumors newbie

I just started using this the other day and I forward my gmail to my ME account and it has been working great and Ive been getting my emails 1-2 seconds after they are sent.

However today it seems that push isnt working and it is only fetching the emails, anyone else notice this or having this problem...

2. adammcnutt macrumors newbie

No more push??

I have had the exact same issue down to the time frame. I removed the mobileMe account from my iphone and re-installed, push worked for about 20 min and then stopped. I have no idea why this is happening but I know they are having issues with mobileMe. I noticed as well that new contacts added on my computer are making it to the cloud but not to my iPhone?????

3. profetto macrumors regular

Ya, I have the exact same problem.

I think theres some email push problems happening again.

4. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

I have been having real problems as well, don't think I'll pay for it after the 2 month free trial. Never seems to work properly

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

6. profetto macrumors regular

I hate you. :)

7. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

wasnt working for me yesterday cause i woke up, manually checked the email and 10 came into my inbox.

i did a hard reset (power+home for 10 sec) and then sent an email to my me account and got the email pushed 2 seconds later

8. adammcnutt macrumors newbie

I think they (apple) must be doing some repairs, I did some looking online and in the news and they have had real problems with this launch. Today I had emails pushed to me for about an hour and now I am back to manually having to retrieve them. It's very frustrating. That said, I can still add contacts into outlook on my computer at work and within 30 min the same contacts are on the cloud, my home computer and my iphone, when you think about it that is pretty amazing. So I will give apple some time to work out the bugs even though the push feature was one of the main selling points for me. If I am still manually retrieving emails in a month..... it will be a different story!

9. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

Has anyone tested this vs. yahoo push? Yahoo push seems to be flaky as well... I've considered getting MobileMe if the push is more reliable

10. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I got MobileMe just a couple days ago... but I have not once experienced a Push e-mail or calendar entry or contact or anything. =( It just doesn't work!

11. kgood thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine started working right after Apple issued that all the email problems were fixed. I never had problems till yesterday morning and it last till about midnight and has been working perfect since...

12. adammcnutt macrumors newbie

kgood; when all is working well, how long is it taking for your contact info to sync down to your iphone?