MobileMe Push Email

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by macman4789, Aug 29, 2008.

1. macman4789 macrumors regular

Is anyone else having this issue? Emails are not being sent to my iPhone. The only way of retreiving them is by launching the mail app on my phone. If I restart my phone, push email temporarily seems to work then after a while stops. Emails are sent pretty much instantly to mail app on my computer. All settings are right on my phone. Contacts, calendars sync fine.

I'm in UK, anyone else in UK got this or is this the case for everyone?

Thanks

2. ec51 macrumors 6502

same thing here...

I stopped using it for mail right now.

I currently use Mail2Web for push, which is a free Microsoft Exchange.

3. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

Ditto about only getting mail on iPhone when I actually run the mail app.

*sigh*

4. rioja macrumors regular

Yup, push works maybe once throughout the day for me. I've given up too. Back to 15 minute fetch with Gmail.

5. Nubben macrumors regular

Nubben

Same thing for me. Have to launch Mail on the iPhone for tit to refresh. I have had plenty of e-mail queued up and the only way to have them delivered is to launch the Mail app. So much for push...

It's the Yahoo-push-e-mail syndrome all over again...

6. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

Same here. I've tried the various reset procedures that have been suggested and it will work briefly, then stop.

The crazy thing is that I also forward Gmail to it on fetch instead of push, but I often get the Gmail message first. Ridiculous. Also, my calendar in the web interface is blank, despite being completely accurate on my iPhone and iCal.

Having said that, iCal and Contacts seem to update fine. I'm still on the trial and haven't decided whether to actually purchase it yet.

7. selena12321 macrumors member

I am very fed up of this phone. iphone is not worth. it's waste of money.

8. kolax macrumors G3

You've come to the conclusion that the flaws in MobileMe - a completely separate service and not part of the iPhone - mean that the iPhone is a waste of money?

Ok..

9. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

PUSH is absolute CRAP for me. It does not push emails to my phone in a timely manner and I don't consider 5 hours later timely.

FETCH like a dog is what I am reduced to doing.

10. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

this is getting stupid. push hasn't worked for me since the 2.1 update. i tried all the apple troubleshooting crap and was told to restore my phone by tech support (chat).

i can understand issues in the first few weeks, but mobileme is now 2 months old and there's no excuse why this shouldn't work. it makes me want to go back to blackberry...

11. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

DON'T. This crap software/service isn't worth the cardboard box the activation code is printed on. This is the worst apple product I've ever owned. The worst part is I can't take it back or get a refund. I'm stuck with this absolutely atrocious MobileMe. It's worked right about 25% of the time I've had it. Pathetic. Apple should keep every single customer on free trial until they have a 100% uptime for 30 or more days. Mobileme is about as unreliable as my crackhead brother.

MobileMe = biggest apple blunder in its history (and it still continues!!!!!)

12. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I can absolutely say the MM works very nearly perfectly for me and that includes email, shared calendars etc. On one of our two iPhones we also have the same device syncing to exchange server.

You have to realize that on a forum such as this you will see a vocal minority of people that are having problems.

13. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I have tested it extensively today and I have zero problems. I must be one of the lucky ones because it has been stable for me.

14. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

Surprisingly, mine has been pushing email to me pretty reliably the last several days. Crossing my fingers that it's a permanent thing.

:rolleyes: