Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMignault

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Push Problem?

Is anyone currently having any problems getting email pushed to your iphone. Mine was working, but then I changed MobileMe accounts and I have had no Push since :confused:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I just updated an event in iCal, and after 5 minutes of waiting, still hasn't changed on MobileMe.

I hope things speed up, because Apple are advertising the whole process as being almost instant.

Annon

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
I signed up this afternoon, and I've yet to have anything push to my iPhone. I'm sure they'll get the kinks out, but who knows when.

eff pc

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
But those looking for true push functionality are forced to reply back with @me.com addresses, which obviously will not work for a business. Exchange seems to be the only "easy" answer.

No..... you can set up your outgoing SMTP as gmail and your good to go, no one will even know your running MobileMe. Set up your MobileMe and gmail accounts on your iphone. Set the MobileMe as your default, go into settings click Mail, contacts, calander. Click on your Mobile me account click advanced and you will see outgoing SMTP. Turn MobileMe SMTP outgoing server off, turn gmail SMTP outgoing server on, PRESTO! Your good to go and MobileMe runs and know one will ever know!:D[/QUOTE]

pretty much what i just said

eff pc

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
ok so my email for both my mobileme and my gmail account (being forwarded to mobileme) were pushing to my iphone now they r only coming up on Mail (which checks every minute so basically instant) anyone else notice this or is it just me?

***i can check manually tho and it loads fine and if i delete my test msgs on my iphone they delete in mail but no more push to iphone...what is apple doing?***

EMignault

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
ok so my email for both my mobileme and my gmail account (being forwarded to mobileme) were pushing to my iphone now they r only coming up on Mail (which checks every minute so basically instant) anyone else notice this or is it just me?

***i can check manually tho and it loads fine and if i delete my test msgs on my iphone they delete in mail but no more push to iphone...what is apple doing?***

Yes, thats the same issue I'm having. MobileMe mail and iPhone mail are not pushing. calender and contacts seem to be working fine. I might try deleting the MobileMe account on my iphone and starting over again. Or I could be patient.

eff pc

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
This must be a hit or miss thing, because my email is working great, but no calendar. :confused:

i'm about to be like forget this for a few days come back on monday afternoon and see whats up im sick of sitting here trying to get it to work when i kno its set up right and its just apple's fault. i dont rely on email so i can manage for a few days without push i mean thats what i did b4.

macDonalds

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
i'm about to be like forget this for a few days come back on monday afternoon and see whats up im sick of sitting here trying to get it to work when i kno its set up right and its just apple's fault. i dont rely on email so i can manage for a few days without push i mean thats what i did b4.

Yup, I've thought the same.

Boy, talk about bad for business. I'm actually looking into the Yahoo! Push email to see if that will meet my needs. I might not even purchase MobileMe now.

hamburgler693

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Miami
Nothing is working!

:mad:
I called Apple, (Was on hold for 36 minutes) and they told me to disable Push services from my iPhone, until Mobile-Me is working properly. I can't get my iPhone to sync, but my Mac is able to sync with mobile me website. How frustrating? Is anyone else having this issue? :apple:

eff pc

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
:mad:
I called Apple, (Was on hold for 36 minutes) and they told me to disable Push services from my iPhone, until Mobile-Me is working properly. I can't get my iPhone to sync, but my Mac is able to sync with mobile me website. How frustrating? Is anyone else having this issue? :apple:

i just deleted all my accounts on my iphone and put just mobileme back on tested it by sending an email to my gmail account (which gets forwarded to mobileme address) and it pushed to both my iphone and mail and then i changed the outgoing to the gmail server and it worked again so it looks like for now reseting all the accounts up works :)

EMignault

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Well now my push mail seems to be working. MobileMe will work good and only get better with time. We just all need to be patient It's a royal PAIN believe me I've been banging my head on my desk for two days. The reality is no company is good at huge rollouts of new technology products. Microsoft is one terrible example! I do think Apple should not have rolled the iphone and 2.0 plus mobileme to 71 counties all within 48 hours. Give it time and all will be good!;)

Lorskyfink

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Did anyone think to reboot?

Nothing was pushing to my iPhone at all.

Rebooted it and suddenly, e-mail is pushing with lightning speed.

Contacts weren't there immediately, but I have a lot, so it probably took time to download them.

Calendar, not yet, but soon I think...

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Well now my push mail seems to be working. MobileMe will work good and only get better with time. We just all need to be patient It's a royal PAIN believe me I've been banging my head on my desk for two days. The reality is no company is good at huge rollouts of new technology products. Microsoft is one terrible example! I do think Apple should not have rolled the iphone and 2.0 plus mobileme to 71 counties all within 48 hours. Give it time and all will be good!;)

If Microsoft had a brain cell (and a marketing dept) they could turn this weekend's fiasco into their own "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" campaign. But then again, it's Microsoft so I doubt we'll have to worry. :D

elcid

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2007
So once everything is done and working correctly, if I delete an email on my ipod then it will delete it from my mobileme and my macbook?

Right now it is def not doing that. Boo.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
I think I'm going back to my tried and true setup of using straight IMAP from Gmail. It worked great and synced a lot quicker and was always consistant. I'll just live with having to sync my contacts and calendar to my iPhone from my MacBook the way I always have (through iTunes).

Send email to my Gmail account. Shows up on iPhone and MacBook. Read from iPhone and delete, MacBook will show it deleted as well. Works both ways, too.

Not only that but I also noticed if I delete my MobileMe account from my iPhone it deletes all my calendar and contact info as well because that is where it is syncing too. Can you imagine if MobileMe crapped out or something? Ouch.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
If I send a mail from my Gmail account to my Me account it comes up on Me.com instantaneous, it doesn't come up on my touch at all though.

hamburgler693

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Miami
Its working now

Give it time guys. 4 hours ago I wasn't getting emails to my phone, contacts, or calendars, but now all is coming in at lightning speed. I was skeptic at first but now the problem with the Apple servers must be fixing themselves. :eek:

jwtseng

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2004
Just got my iPhone today and couldn't get anything to push. Kept restoring the iPhone from a previous backup to no avail. Finally decided to restore the phone and set it up as a new phone. Voila! Now everything is pushing....immediately (well okay, within a few seconds over EDGE!). Of course, I just lost all my Notes and who knows what else. :(

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
I can kind of get push working...

I have the MobileMe 1.1 update now too on my 10.5.4 mac..

But push only works from the web interface/iphone -> mac

it doesn't seem to "push" from mac -> web interface/iphone unless i hit the sync button (kinda defeats the object right?) :confused:

my sync prefs on mac are set to "automatic".. is that correct (followed from the apple guide)

Also, some of my contacts on the web interface don't appear to have any data, but data exists on my mac/iphone.. completely bizarre :confused:

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
My email was pushing instantaneously earlier today up until an hour ago. Now it doesn't come through at all unless I force the push or pull. Everything else is the same way. I also tried to send a photo to my mobileme gallery from my iphone, and it sent the photo making the 'swoosh' sent sound, but it never showed up in my mobileme gallery.

The whole thing is a total mess at the moment. But having glimmers of how it could work earlier today, I think if they can work through the issues, it'll be pretty awesome.

There's no excuse for Apple's mishaps here, and I won't make excuses for them, but I do think it'll end up making people happy once it starts working. I think it'd be nice if Apple added 3 days (or however many days it takes to get this working correctly) to everyone's mobileme account. So, for instance, in your account settings when you sign into mobileme it says, "expires on July 10, 2009", it should say "expires on July 13 (14, 15, 16, whatever), 2009" as a nice gesture to show people that they shouldn't have to pay for those missed days.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
There's no excuse for Apple's mishaps here, and I won't make excuses for them, but I do think it'll end up making people happy once it starts working. I think it'd be nice if Apple added 3 days (or however many days it takes to get this working correctly) to everyone's mobileme account. So, for instance, in your account settings when you sign into mobileme it says, "expires on July 10, 2009", it should say "expires on July 13 (14, 15, 16, whatever), 2009" as a nice gesture to show people that they shouldn't have to pay for those missed days.

now that sounds like a plan :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.