MobileMe pushing my gmail, now too much spam.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deenybird, Feb 10, 2009.

1. deenybird macrumors regular

I was using a new mobileme address i created to push my gmail, but last week it started getting several spam messages a day, whereas my gmail receives 0.

I turned off mobileme, but is there any way i can have the messages go through my gmail's filter before mobileme gets them, or something?

thanks.
    i need my gmail pushed....

2. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Your MobileMe account is getting spammed by the sounds of it.

Sort out your spam filters there or just use Gmails pop system

3. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I would stay away from pop and use the google IMAP. Or, you could try the new Google Sync for iPhone beta

I have not tried this myself because I'm syncing with Exchange...

4. deenybird thread starter macrumors regular

that is only for contacts and calendars.

how do i sort out my spam filters, and how would gmails pop system help my me account receive less spam?
    thanks

5. haddman macrumors regular

I don't believe the new Google Sync supports email yet. Would be nice, but hey also need to built it in ass a separate add in, because that totoally blows that you can't use it if you are already using a exchange account.

6. SMacMurray macrumors newbie

Get a Hosted Kerio Email Account

We have found that having a hosted kerio email account is the best for our company. Check out Inftek Hosting, http://www.inftekhosting.com, the service is great and everything we have syncs with it.

7. AlecMyrddyn macrumors 6502

It really depends on which address is receiving the spam, and which address you want people to send you mail to.

If the spam is arriving directly to your MobileMe address, then the problem is that MobileMe isn't filtering the spam correctly. I have no idea if there are adjustable filter settings for MobileMe, but if there are, try adjusting those.

Alternately, if you only care about the mail that is received at your Gmail address, if you POP from Gmail, you won't pick up the spam that was sent to the MobileMe address. If you use both addresses, and forward your MobileMe mail to your gmail account, Gmail's filtering might be able to catch the stuff that is making it through to MobileMe. But you lose Push functionality.

If the Spam is arriving to your Gmail account, then there's no setting change I know of that you can make, as Gmail's spam filters are not adjustable - unless perhaps you bypassed them with a Gmail Filter.