MobileMe Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravikc, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ravikc Guest

okay guys..so i have two macs..laptop and desktop and im using an iphone..and right now all my email (total of about 5 accounts), one of which is my primary account is being filtered through spamarrest.com which i connect to in mail via imap/pop which syncs to my iphone..which is fine..

my question is about mobile me - i do like the idea of having contacts/emails etc all in sync and do think it would benefit me ..my question is in regards to the email address will it only push my .me acct or would i be able to setup my other pop/imap accounts in there to push to my devices? I am assuming mobileme will allow me to check my accounts and push all of that but it wont let me reply back via those accounts and would let me reply on with the .me account?

if someone could give me the best suggestion for my issue..if not i was conisdering mark/space synctogether to get some of the info on all the machines

thanks for the tips

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

it would be only your .me address, but if you use imap it will keep your inbox synced across every device

3. ravikc thread starter Guest

hmm...but the .me will check other addresses too? can i use different servers for outgoing mail so if i wanted to use another addy? or only check .me and send .me?

4. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

the mail.app will get other address
    with .me you can get push mail with only .me

5. Flore macrumors regular

You could forward all your E-Mail addresses to your @me address (or several different aliases, to keep them separated). Then those would be pushed from the cloud.

6. ravikc thread starter Guest

that makes sense - but then when i reply it will be c oming from the .me acct correct? not from my other domained email addies?