Mobileme questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ScoobyDoofus, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ScoobyDoofus macrumors member

So my partner managed to get a white iPhone 3G this morning, I'm planning on waiting a few weeks and getting a black one.

I'm really interested in using mobileme to keep calendars and address book synchronised, not sure about how the push email is going to fit in with my Gmail yet. I plan to use the 60day trial to work that one out.

I have two questions, which are connected.

Firstly, I used the .mac trial when I bought my macbook, but never paid for the service. Will I be able to use the same username for mobileme, or will it be gone now because I used it before? Any ideas? I don't want to activate the trial until I get my own iPhone.

The second point is potentially a bit more complicated. Say me and my partner both use the free trial; are we then able to "combine" our accounts and take advantage of the family pack? Or would one of us have to create a new account name when we set up the family pack?

I hope I've got my questions across properly, but if you need me to clarify anything, let me know.

2. xcrunxc macrumors newbie

I was able to use the same name from the expired .Mac trial I had from when I first got my MacBook. I can't imagine you would be any problem doing this.

Upgrading one existing .Mac account to a family pack is not a problem, the tricky part would be getting the other existing account onto said family pack. With .Mac you could add an expired individual .Mac account to a family pack in lieu of renewing it. I am not aware that there is any way to add an active account to another accounts family pack, unless this is something that has changed in MobileMe.

3. ScoobyDoofus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I'll just give it a go when I get my iPhone, I suppose.