MobileMe: Read Mail on Mac, Stays Unread On iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kolax, Jan 11, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Just as the title says. Had a wee search but couldn't find anything on it (awkward problem to phrase/search for).

Basically, if I get a new email and I open it on my Mac, it stays unread on my iPhone. I've left it for hours and it never syncs back up. However, once I open the Mail App, but don't actually read the email, it syncs up.

On the iPhone, I have MobileMe set to sync everything.

2. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

That's how it works. The new mail notification on the iphone doesn't automatically go down until you go into the mail application.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Ah ok...disappointing.

I can get the email pushed but a push update when the Mail is read on another device?

4. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Mine does that now, since the 2.2 release i think

prior to this it used to work like exchange push, changes on computer are automatically shown on the phone

5. ukmacpro macrumors member

Are you sure? I'm almost positive that the number or emails I have waiting on my iPhone changes, even without opening the mail app.

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

So 2.2 caused this? Bug?

7. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

fairly sure it was fine before the upgrade

the little dock icon used to have an accurate number of emails, without opening up the app

will give it a test with exchange tomorrow when at work, but I am sure that updates the count (as MM used to)

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

This happens to me since 2.2 as well. Used to work fine.