MobileMe Refund Check Arrived

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TheReadyPrompt, Jul 5, 2011.

1. TheReadyPrompt macrumors member

Anyone else get their check yet? The best part: those of us who paid the promotional rate for MobileMe with the purchase of Apple hardware made an additional $30.

Attached Files:

2. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

How long did it take for you to receive the check?

3. TheReadyPrompt thread starter macrumors member

The refund request was received on June 7th, and confirmed on the 24th. So, we're looking at about four weeks.

4. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

Alright, thanks. I requested a cancelation and refund about one week ago. So, I was curious how long the wait would be.

5. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

You have to give up your MobileMe access to get the refund correct?

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

No... the refund checks (at the least the one I requested) are for codes that you have not yet activated. In my case, I had entered a code, but it has not activated yet because my renewal date had not occurred.

/Jim

7. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Got my check.

If they would have offered another choice other than the narcissistic sounding "@me.com" I would have likely kept it. But with that moniker, I used all features except "Me.com"... EWE.

I do plan on trying out the cloud if the controls are there to limit what goes up.

However if it turns out that most everything on the computer goes into the cloud, then Apple can keep it.