MobileMe Storage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schmoe0013, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Hi, sorry if wrong forum, but this seems to be most appropriate.

Correct me if I am wrong, but current .Mac users have 10 gigs of online storage. That 10 gigs is split between email and iDisk. 5 gigs is reserved purely for email, and the other 5 is for your iDisk, which is your backup, syncing and your website.

With MobileMe, it boasts 20gigs. Is this going to be split up in the same manner? I am not sure about you, but even now, I do not need 5 or even 10 gigs of just email leaving us with only half of what is advertised. (Granted, this is on the assumption that your email account is relatively small).

I just wanted to get your thoughts. I called Apple already, and all they say is it is "20 gigs!" no word if it is split in the same manner.

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

.mac right now lets you "partition" the iDisk and the Email (so it doesn't have to be 5 GB of email and 5 GB of storage).

so I'm guessing that feature will still be there with MobileMe =).

3. Schmoe0013 thread starter macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Nice, I did not know that. Could you point me to a document or webpage explaining how to adjust the size? I am interested in doing this.

Thanks

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Right now you adjust it in .Mac preferences, under Account -> Storage Settings

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Simply go to the home page of .mac.

Now on the left side, the first category is Account. Click on the little icon next to "Account."

Now on the right side, click Storage Settings.

It will let you adjust the .mac Mail size which in turn would adjust the iDisk size.

6. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

You can manage those 10GB (and later those 20GB ) and allocate the storage that you want for the iDisk and for the mail in your account preference.
    I personally have given 2GB for email and the rest for the iDisk