MobileMe Success Story

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by d21mike, Aug 13, 2008.

1. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I wanted to share a Success Story with all of the bad news going around. While traveling my iPhone had a serious problem so I had to have it replaced at a local Apple Store. I did not have my computer with iTunes so I could not do a full restore. But since I had MobileMe I easily added my account and it Synced my Contacts (Phone Numbers), Calendar and email. So even though I did not have my music or pictures I was back in business (work related). Prior to MM I would have just had to wait until I returned home.

Anyway, I justed wanted to share a good experience. Of course, in my case I have not had too many problems and my MobileMe Cloud was current.

2. hardliner macrumors member

hardliner

So you just get a new one and put your account information, and after a coupla seconds you get every business data in?

Thats great. Really. Simple and plain.

I must admit that I am also a happy and satisfied MobileMe user. Thanks for sharing that story.

3. d21mike thread starter macrumors 68040

d21mike

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Valleyfair? California right? I bought my MacBook from there, those people are really nice. They asked me (as they could tell my parents were buying the laptop for me) if I needed to get familiar with Leopard (back in november) since it just came out. Really helpful staff, I'm hopefully buying my iphone 3g in december, along with mobileme there.

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

That's hands down the best feature of mobileme. I've had .mac a while and never really used it much. But all the OTA syncing features added in have made it worth the money I've been paying.

No more syncing daily to keep my calendars and contacts updated between the iphone and macbook!

6. Xavier macrumors 68020

This is the reason I am looking into mobile me.

I really wish I could find more reasons to justify the buy, but the current problems are really turning me away. Hopefully they are completely sorted out soon.

7. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I too am a happy MobileMe user. I was one of those plagued by the early problems.

8. kolax macrumors G3

Count me in as a happy MobileMe customer too.

Does everything I ask, aside from the odd Mail glitch.

9. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

I mostly satisfied with MM. The only thing it's missing that I really want is personal domains with email (no gimmicks...just to have it as I do with gmail).

10. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Have been very happy with MobileMe as I was with .mac. Very few problems other than some slowness in the roll out.

11. aethelbert macrumors 601

I had a similar issue with my laptop the other day. I had to reinstall mac os during a trip because I was getting kernel panics, but I was away from my Time Machine backup drive. However, once it was installed, pretty much everything except my multimedia was synced back to the computer. Dock settings, mail, contacts, calendars, preferences, dashboard, etc. All back on my computer without doing anything. It was quite nice. This isn't anything that I didn't have with .mac, but it still worked flawlessly.