MobileMe Sync with Outlook - no go with Exchange?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by polisciguy12, Jul 23, 2008.

1. polisciguy12 macrumors newbie

I have seen a few posts on here about problems syncing Outlook with MobileMe (which is a problem I am having) - and also a few posts that have said MobileMe cannot sync with Outlook if your outlook is already synced with an Exchange server.

Can anyone verify this is actually true?

2. mctheriot macrumors regular

mctheriot

I have a Windows PC at work, when I try and setup, it asks me to sign in. I then get the message "Unable to connect to MobileMe. Please try again later".

What's up, is this an issue with MM being down/flaky or something else?

Mark

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It could be a problem with either your office Firewall or Proxy Server if one is used.

4. mctheriot macrumors regular

mctheriot

Yep, Proxy Issue!

I really wanted this for Calendars.

We shouldn't have to do it this way, but here's a pretty clean work around for Contact and Calendar info.

Plaxo.com

I have both my Mac and Windows PC syncing with it - and my Mac syncing my iPhone over MM.

Works perfect. But We Still Shouldn't Have To Do It This Way!!

Mark

5. polisciguy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

confirmed - Mobile me does not sync with exchange

Finally got through to apple support, and they finally posted something on their support site:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2483

MobileMe: Synchronizing with Microsoft Exchange
    Last Modified: July 23, 2008
    Article: HT2483
    Summary
    MobileMe works with the native applications you already use on your iPhone and iPod touch (Mail, Contacts, and Calendar), on your Mac (Mail, Address Book, and iCal), and on your PC (Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Contacts). While MobileMe does not sync with Microsoft Exchange, you can have both sync with your iPhone or iPod touch.