MobileMe syncing to iPhone, but not Mail

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mrat93, May 31, 2009.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Basically I receive email instantly on my iPhone, but it takes hours to get to the Mail app on my Mac. When I click "Get Mail" it refreshes all but the MobileMe inbox. Any help?

2. macgrl macrumors 65816

Sorry if you think that this is a stupid question but have you checked the settings on you mac for syncing and also the setting within mail? :) Are there any settings that need to be adjusted to alter how often the mail is checked?

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

From what I see, everything seems normal. I see nothing about push in the settings, it just says IMAP.

4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

On the mail client you just set it to IMAP so that would be correct. I don't use the MAC Mail Client (on Windows) but I have accessed the MM IMAP on a few different mail clients. My only problem is that "sometimes" it can't connect to the MM Servers. However, this is rare. Triple check you settings (userid = userid@me.com, password, SMTP SERVER - smtp.me.com - port 587, IMAP Server = mail.me.com port 993, and login using Secure Password Authentication)