Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

standingquiet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Apple lets you take your Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information over to iCloud and also tells users that they can continue using iWeb, iDisk, and Photo Gallery up until June 30, 2012. Apple also tells users that the following will no longer be available: Dashboard widget sync, dock item sync, keychains, signatures, mail account rules, mail smart boxes, and mail preferences.

So what is happening to iWeb support after? I use MobileMe to host my Website?

Also the syncing features that will no longer available how will these be sync'd after we have cloud then? The mail syncing preferences, Dock and keychains are useful things.

Matt

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Unfortunately, after June 30, 2010 iWeb, iDisk and MobileMe Gallery will cease to exist. It is possible that Apple may announce some similar iCloud services at WWDC 2012, but no one should bet on this. I suggest you start looking into alternative web hosting providers.

As for syncing Keychain, signatures, dock items, etc ... I am not certain why these are being terminated. They seem like ideal things that people like synced between their Macs. I certainly found Keychain sync useful.

Perhaps these may arrive later in some changed form ... perhaps Apple already has plans for how to integrate these services with iCloud but considers them minor and decided that they can wait for implementation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.