mobileme to icloud email address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mostlydave, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mostlydave macrumors regular

I have previously used mobileme for the 60 day trial period and never switched to a paid account. Does anyone know if I will able to use this same email address for icloud? I can't see Apple giving someone else my address I used before

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

According to an Apple post on the developer forum yesterday. No, moving from MobileMe to iCloud is still not available.
    When it is out of beta I would think you would be able to use it.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes, you will be able to.

4. mostlydave thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies, I meant once it is out of beta, so that's great news now I don't have to worry about trying to get the email address I want before someone else grabs it up!

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Briefly this week when iCloud.com went live, I, like others, was able to log in to an old Mobile Me account that I haven't used in over a year and it asked me if I wanted to convert my account to an iCloud account.

Since that account is not associated with my developers account, I was unsuccessful, but I'm pretty sure this will be possible once iCloud is out of beta.

6. mostlydave thread starter macrumors regular

I was able to log into iCloud.com for 1 day with my apple id, I don't have a paid developer account, but I wasn't able to log in at all with my expired MobileMe Trial. I was able to change the password for it on one of apple's sites so I'm hoping it's still in the system and will be usable again once ios 5 and iCloud are out of Beta.