Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shollingsw3

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Looks like the time for the maintenance window has been changed:

MobileMe Launch
7/9/2008, 8pm-2am PT

As part of the MobileMe launch, http://www.mac.com will be taken offline at 8pm PT on Wednesday, July 9th.

Members will be unable to access http://www.mac.com or any .Mac services during this time with the exception of .Mac Mail accessed via a desktop application, iPhone, or iPod touch.

MobileMe will be available as soon as possible during this maintenance window.

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
http://www.mac.com comes up as ".Mac will soon be MobileMe". I can't access anything that I usually could there. How is it still up for some folks (not that I care, just curious)?

mmzplanet

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Florida
Looks as if you are ok until you log out... they have already taken out the access to the logon. Your cookie or whatever will still get you in if you have been logged on.

MacGeek7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2007
Does anyone know if you used up the .Mac trial a while ago if you will be able to try out Mobileme?

nealmck

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Houston, TX
What a rip!

My .mac email has been down since the 9th! This morning I can't log in! Typical, the iPhone rollout and Mac marketing trumps current customer service! :mad:

nealmck

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Houston, TX
Working now, sort of

It is working now, sort of. I got a message telling me IE 7 is not supported (accessing from work, a Windows shop). Seems odd to not support IE7 with the billions who use it. Oh, well, one hurdle at a time.

nealmck

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Houston, TX
Spoke too soon

I downloaded Firefox 3 as just like mobileme told me to, installed it and have been trying for the past 45 minutes to connect to mobileme - nothing, nada, zip. Does anybody have any news on when this will work?

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
I downloaded Firefox 3 as just like mobileme told me to, installed it and have been trying for the past 45 minutes to connect to mobileme - nothing, nada, zip. Does anybody have any news on when this will work?

I signed up for a trial membership this morning using Firefox 3. I'm logged in and looking around. It looks pretty cool so far, but it is dog slow. I'm guessing everyone and their mother is doing the exact same thing I'm doing at the exact same time.

I'll try again later this afternoon and see if the performance has improved.

Ollywood

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I just managed to get in...the idisk section and then it all went in slow mode...
looks cool thought.

vassillios

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2005
Virginia
I downloaded Firefox 3 as just like mobileme told me to

good for those who do not work at a site that does not allow you to install software on your PC. At leats .mac worked on IE7...

Major let down on this one. It is very misleading to have the IE icon on the "MobileMe on your PC" page when all you can do is sync your IE bookmarks. I might have to consider canceling my membership.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.