Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Penguinwrangler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Edgewater, NJ
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I'm misinformed, but shouldn't there be a MobileMe Update available through Software update this morning? I got the iTunes update, but nothing else. Am I being thick?

dombookpro

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
I found that I had to go into the mobileme preference in System Preferences (old .mac) before it would appear in the software update. Kind of strange. But once i did this, it prompted me to download the update

d

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for the link,

I d/l it, installed it, but there's no mobileme in the App folder, the old "mail" is still there as well as the icon.. ?

When I go to system preferences, it says mobileme but that's all..

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Thanks for the link,

I d/l it, installed it, but there's no mobileme in the App folder, the old "mail" is still there as well as the icon.. ?

When I go to system preferences, it says mobileme but that's all..

System Preferences > Network

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I went to dotmac prefs and tried to change some sync settings and got a popup prompting me to run a software update that found the MobileMe update package.

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
I went to dotmac prefs and tried to change some sync settings and got a popup prompting me to run a software update that found the MobileMe update package.

Try the downloads tab on apple.com. I downloaded and installed it last night at about 8:00pm Central time.

sbirny

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Atlanta

I tried changing sync settings but it actually synced? Why is it not working for me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.