MobileMe users - switching to new iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justagrl95, Jun 19, 2009.

1. justagrl95 macrumors newbie

What is the "correct" procedure for switching from my iphone 3G to my new iphone 3GS in order to not mess up my mobileme data? I'm paranoid that during this process all of my calendar and contact info is going to get wiped from the mobileme cloud. Should I disable my mobileme account from my old iPhone before I start the switch-over process? If I do that, will it think I want to erase all of the data from the cloud? And if I DON'T disable the mobileme account on my old phone first, is mobileme going to get confused if it has 2 iphones trying to sync to it at the same time? Or will my old one magically stop trying to sync to it once the new phone is activated? Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. InTheAir macrumors regular

No need to over complicate it. It is very simple and it worked for me with no problems.

I had a 3G.
    I added a 3GS to the stable.
    On the 3GS, I set up a MobileMe account through the Mail settings. To set up the MobileMe account, I literally reentered my existing name, address and password. It then linked to MobileMe and gave me a choice as to what I wanted to sync. I selected everything and sent it on its merry way.

Within a few minutes it had downloaded all of my emails, contacts, calendar, and bookmarks. No problems, no erasing, no disabling tricks.