Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I'm a long time user of MobileMe and I must say that I'm not an expert nor do I claim to know how to use it.

I do however use it with my iPhone 4 to sync, notes, contacts, and bookmarks. It works perfect and this is about the only thing I understand that works.

I was reading about Dropbox and began wondering...is this the same thing as a feature I have on MobileMe? I have the iDisk application located on my iPhone 4 but I've never really understood how to use it.

Can someone point me to some interesting features about MobileMe, so I can learn to use it for what I paid for?

I've got the Family pack which included up to 4 user with individual emails.

Teach me!

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I was reading about Dropbox and began wondering...is this the same thing as a feature I have on MobileMe?
MobileMe does several things besides cloud storage, while Dropbox is only for cloud storage.

If cloud storage is all you need, then Dropbox is for you. They give you 2GB of storage for free and numerous ways to get additional free space.

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
MobileMe offers a lot more than Dropbox. Dropbox is just storage. I will say though, I cannot keep Xcode projects in iDisk (MobileMe). There is a certain file type that needs to be stored in a zip efore it can be synced, which is useless considering I would have to unzipped evey time I work on that project.

Anyways, Dropbox works great but if you have MobileMe you are better off using that. Except for weird quirks like for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.