MobileMe Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by stenackj, Feb 1, 2011.

1. stenackj macrumors newbie

Hello,

I purchased a domain name through Goddady.com and am hosting it on my MobileMe account for now. It is just a simple site for a buddy's band. Anyways, it works well, and I used iWeb to just initially create it and get something up real quick. I noticed when I go to the domain name I purchased, www.breachthesilence.com, that it seems to autoforward to http://www.breachthesilence.com/Breach_the_Silence/Home.html. I'd really like for the main page to just stay as www.breachthesilence.com and only change once you start drilling down through the site. Not sure how to do this. I've searched through iWeb and GoDaddy but can't figure it out. Any advice?

For example, when you go to www.apple.com, it doesn't change to something like www.apple.com/home.html. You don't start seeing an extended address until you start clicking links.

Thanks

2. stenackj thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

Okay, I figured it out. It requires more work on my part. Basically, when you publish your iWeb site to MobileMe it uploads the files to iDisk>Web>Sites. It placed my index.html file there and if you open that file it is set to auto redirect to the first page you created for your site, which is located one more folder deep. In my case that index.html redirected to iDisk>Web>Sites>Breach_the_Silence>Home.html. So basically, I just modified the index.html to stop auto redirecting and replaced it with the data from my Home.html file. Of course, you have to be careful and update all of your links and the pathway for your images before you do this. So now, whenever I want to update the site, I have to do it manually because I can't rely on publishing it directly from iWeb because I'm afraid it will totally jack up the site. I have to first publish it to a local folder and then manually update the html for each of the pages before manually dragging and dropping those files into my iDisk.