MobileMe Web Interface...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by nitewolfgtr, Jul 9, 2009.

1. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

Is it just me or me.com web interface is really slow!....... I'm used to gmail web interface and mobileme is really slow. Sometimes, it doesn't even work or have to constantly refresh the page... This is a problem cuz web interface is the only way I can check my email from work....

Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried checking mobileme on safari 4 and firefox 3.5.

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

You are not alone. It sucks.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Yes. It is pretty slow. For everyday mail I recommend you use a mail client and not the web interface. Maybe someday they will improve performance.

4. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

A complaint of mine too. It sure looks nicer than Gmail but functionality-wise, it sucks. I use Thunderbird at home (on a PC) and use my iPhone at work.

5. raymanster macrumors 6502

raymanster

yeah it's pretty crap. I use Firefox 3.0.11 at work on windoze XP and it's slow. Not to mention half the time emails I compose don't get sent if I take longer then a couple minutes to hit Send. So then I have to type it up again. I contacted Apple, they told me to change my browser. :rolleyes:

6. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

My MobileMe subscription renewed today and to think, I pay for this...

7. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I have access to Firefox and IE7 at work (no Safari) and honestly, Mobileme works better in IE7 than Firefox for me. LOL! :rolleyes:

8. philMBP macrumors 6502

9. nitewolfgtr thread starter macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

Yea, its retarded. I called Apple and they just said they will have advanced tech take a look at the issue and call me back... never heard back from them...

I'm thinking about cancelling my mobileme and using my school's Live@Edu service since its a lifetime outlook exchange service and having a good email web client is crucial for me.

10. raymanster macrumors 6502

raymanster

Everythign else about MobileMe other then the web interface seems to work for me. So don't think I'll go so far as to cancel my subscription. I especially like how my address book and calendar get updated without me having to connect up my iPhone and sync.

Just wish they'd fix the lame web interface.

11. nitewolfgtr thread starter macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

it's really important for me to have a good web interface now that I spend most of my days at work and it's the only time I have to check and send emails. Also I'm cancelling because as an Alumni to my university, I now can keep my exchange email account for lifetime and this will allow me to have push email, calendar, and address book. Also, OWA has better web interface.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It has improved but is still considerably slow compared to some other emails that I have had in the past and/or currently (due to work)