MobileMe?? What is the annual fee?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajwells1, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ajwells1 macrumors newbie

It looks like it is $99 to purchase MobileMe, or is that the annual fee for the first year? What is the fee after that?

2. Depercision macrumors newbie

The $99 is the fee for the first year as well as the years after that, unless Apple changes it for whatever reason currently it is $99. You can also have a free wo month trial to see if you like it or not.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

3. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it worth it? Is there anyway to do the same type of thing without the annual fee. The main part that I am interested in is the syncing of the email and calendar on different computers.

4. infernohellion macrumors 6502

I think it is worth it if you can buy it at a lot less than the retail price that Apple sells it. Try looking one up on eBay.

5. davidcmc macrumors regular

You can sign up for an IMAP capable email service, like GMAIL.

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

$99/year is the standard single user price, $69/year if purchased with a new Mac. It can be found on eBay, Amazon, and various other online retailers for $50-60. I've always paid less than $60 the last seven years I've used it.

7. Depercision macrumors newbie

I'm signed up right now on the free trial with my recent MBP purchase it's kind of nice how you can store files online and what not. Personally I have no real need for it as I can store files on my web server. The only really feature I could see myself using is the locating of my iPhone if it was lost. Other than that I have no use.

8. polotska macrumors 6502

I'm sure it's a worthwhile service for many people—but not for me.