MobileMe will not sync Bookmarks to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JACathcart, May 1, 2010.

1. JACathcart macrumors newbie

MobileMe syncs everything else to my iPad (Contacts & Calendar), but not the Bookmarks. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I wish i could say how, but my desktop safari bookmarks show up on my iPad. It seems to be one way though. Bookmarks and history from my iPad don't seem to go the other way or they'd show up on my iPod touch as well.

3. macridah macrumors 6502a

macridah

There is a setting when you connect and sync via iTunes. I first just went to the settings on my iPad to sync contacts, calendar, etc and saw the same thing you are seeing but went back to sync on iTunes and saw a checkbox for bookmarks.

FYI, my first post using my iPad :D

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I gave up on MobileMe a long time ago. Try Xmarks.com. It keeps your bookmarks synced among multiple computers and browsers (ie, ff, and safari) and you can even access your bookmarks from someone else's computer. From the iPad you access a webpage with all your bookmarks. Very convenient. And free.

5. ramblapacifica macrumors newbie

ramblapacifica

bookmark syncing problem

when i first set up my ipad i set up mobile me first, then couldn't sync my had the same issue - it was the only setup problem i had. couldn't sync bookmarks, had no option for it instead saw message saying mobile me would sync wirelessly (or something like that). couldn't figure out how to make that happen, so i went back and deleted the mobile me mail account, re-synced and now had the option to sync bookmarks and all is well. then i went back and re-added the .mac mail account and everything is as it should be.

6. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Mobile Me worked flawlessly for email and bookmarks for me... Didn't have to mess around with iTunes at all. I use my Exchange Server 07 for my other email, contacts, and calendar.

Getting everything updated took literally seconds.