MobileMe won't sync calendar with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pspiegel, Jun 30, 2010.

1. pspiegel macrumors member

I just upgraded my 3GS iPhone to a iPhone 4. For some reason, since the upgrade, I have noticed that my calendar entries that are being inputted on my Mac in iCal, on the me.com website, or on my iPad are not syncing to the iPhone, but are syncing between the other three places.

Mail is working just fine, but if I add an event on my iPhone, it will not go to my Mac or iPad (or me.com) or vice versa. However, if I add an event on my computer, it is syncing just fine onto the iPad and the website.

Anyone have this issue and/or ideas/solutions? I tried setting it to Manual sync instead of Push in case there was an issue with multitasking and that didn't help either..

Thanks so much in advance!

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

have you toggled the calendar sync ON in the mobile me mail settings on your iPhone?

3. pspiegel thread starter macrumors member

yep, tried this a couple of times, no luck

4. BillyPaul macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I've turned sync off, rebooted the iPhone and then turned sync back on. I've deleted the Mobile Me account and re-added it. I think I've done everything I've found on the Apple web site, but my iPhone still won't sync with Mobile Me while my desktop and laptop are syncing perfectly.
    This has all happened after I upgraded to iPhone 4.
    I would love to know how to fix this.

Thanks.

5. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

check out the new calendar beta. Sign up on me.com. It seems to say that it will sync with ios4 in the faq. Not sure if the non beta calendar would sync with ios4.

6. psnick macrumors newbie

I had this problem as well (desktop, laptop, and me.com syncing but not iPhone4) and was able to fix it by deleting and re-adding my mobileme account on my iPhone. When you delete the mobileme account from your iPhone, make sure you do NOT choose the "keep data on my iphone" option (can't remember the exact wording). Deleting the mobileme account AND all of the calendar data stored on the iPhone, then creating the account again, and then resyncing my iPhone is what finally did the trick for me.

(Obviously, if you do this, any calendar data on your iPhone that doesn't appear on your me.com iCal will be lost, so make sure you manually enter any iPhone-originated entries into me.com or one of your properly syncing devices before you do this.)

7. ElmoB macrumors newbie

Youdidit

Pure genius. I had been all around the problem, but made the mistake of keeping the calendar data. All now serene. Thanks.