MobileMeek: Petition to Apple against MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by drjjw, Jul 17, 2008.

1. drjjw macrumors newbie

2. Juo100 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

I think I must be missing something, since it's rocky start mobileme is now working fine for me, I can't belive people actually want the old .mac back.
    I guess it just confirms people love to play the victim.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It still isn't working for everyone. Myself included - it's been down for 3 days straight now.

4. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Oh please.... seems like everything these days is being petitioned!

Apple itself recognizes its mistakes and hardships in bringing the service online! Whats more.. they're providing 30 days free and promise to deliver on everything once advertised in time! What more do you want?

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

lolz.

Apple may have admitted to marketing mistakes, and they may be having early teething issues, but there is no way in hell they will back out of MobileMe to .Mac. I just quite simply will never, ever happen. If they need to spend the next month ironing out problems with MobileMe, they will, but they will never go back to .Mac, EVAR!

6. Fozziebear40 macrumors regular

Fozziebear40

I just want to be able to use @mac.com on new accounts to go with my old xxxx@mac.com. And for :apple: to keep @mac.com for our old accounts indefinately. I am sure they want to phase out eventually.

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

true, so true... :rolleyes:

8. nutella69 macrumors newbie

Windows Me & Mobile Me = Same epic fail, different companies !!

Let's hope for Mobile XP :) :)

9. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

So you're saying XP was a success.... I hope you do remember how plagued and cursed an OS it was until MSFT release SP2 an year and a half later!

But then, as Apple is today, I've no idea how tall MMe is gonna be a year and a half from now:D

10. drjjw thread starter macrumors newbie

no, this isn't random bitterness. We want MobileMe to "Just Work". I seem to recall some Apple employee spewing that phrase with reckless abandon.

11. Rigsby macrumors regular

Seven signatures on the petition. It's not quite reached that critical mass.

What no-one seems to mention is that .Mac was never that reliable, you only need to read through the Apple support forums to see that. For me MobileMe seems to be slightly better. I still don't fully trust it, but keep a close eye on the sync and push and it seems - fingers crossed - to be working fine now.

12. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy