MobileMount: Double Suction Cup Mount for iPhone/iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by keith1958, Nov 9, 2011.

1. keith1958 macrumors newbie

I thought I'd share this awesome Kickstarter project with everyone. I already pledged and I thought many of you would want one too. It's a double suction cup mount/kickstand for both the iPhone / iPad. It could also be used with cases. You could use your device in both portrait or landscape mode.

The project had a goal of $20,000 and it currently has raised around $52,000 that means this project will see the light of day!

You could get a black one for just $25 and a white one for $30.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter project: http://kck.st/pPOLLU

Attached Files:

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

all fine and dandy until that puny little stick of a swivel joint snaps like a twig

3. fatlardo macrumors 6502

fatlardo

Yeah, too bad it doesnt state what the joint is made out of. Unless I missed it? It it were metal, that would be cool.

4. bloomington macrumors newbie

The problem is finding a nice flat, large enough, but more importantly *clean* surface on the iphone to provide reliable suction. Textured cases are out of the question, and sticking on a "disk" will would ruin the aesthetics. Bumper cases may limit the surface area of the suction cup, which would in turn limit the strength.

For ~$4 you could get one of these holders which could hold a phone of various shapes and sizes without having to press on your iphone everytime you want to mount. These make a great desk stand as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220873257875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

5. keith1958 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Atmosphere macrumors member

i understand using it for a tablet, what would people actually use it for a phone? do that many people use their phone to watch videos? also, is there that much of a need to put it on a swivel?

honest questions...

7. keith1958 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you're using your phone as a GPS or watching a movie on the train.

8. keith1958 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh and a kickstand for the iPad when you're typing

9. Atmosphere macrumors member

good point re: the GPS in the car, but i can't think of any real good reason to get it for the iphone alone personally (where're you gonna stick it to on the train? the window?)

10. joflo723 macrumors member

Like it! Do you have one? If so, how's the quality? Sometimes low quality suction cups just don't...er...suck very well. :eek:

11. readerbreader macrumors regular

The Oona also had many many supporters, but the product was a piece of *****.

12. bloomington macrumors newbie

not to high jack the original post, but i don't have one yet. by the looks of it, the pivot ball is similar in size to the garmin 17mm ball. if that's the case, there is a lot of mount options available other than the suction cup. i just like the universal phone cradle that looks easy to use with phones with cases.