MobileNotifer questions?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by T0Mlol, May 30, 2011.

1. T0Mlol macrumors member

Thing seems beautiful but I have a few questions. I can't test it out myself unless I uninstall biteSMS and blah blah and I don't really feel like doing that.

I was wondering if you can text from the lock screen? That was my main concern. Everything else seems good with it but texting from the lockscreen is a must!

2. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

3. T0Mlol thread starter macrumors member

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Any idea what Antique Lock Alerts does in the Settings menu? Or the Auto-Later Alerts?

6. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Antique lock alerts shows the regular pop ups at the lockscreen. Auto-later makes any alerts you receive while using your phone automatically be marked as read later after a few seconds.

7. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Does anyone know why the quick reply feature doesn't clear the notification bubble from the messages icon?

8. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Awesome, thank you!

9. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I uninstalled Bite to try this out again. I also noticied that it does not clear notifications if you repsond using mobilenotifier. i also dont like or couldnt figure out how to reply directly from the notification on the lock screen. Any ideas?

10. T0Mlol thread starter macrumors member

This is pretty much what I was asking and was just told that you can't reply from the lockscreen. If that is so, what the heck is the point of this. BiteSMS kills.

11. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Same questions still linger...when quick replying, why does the stock badge not disappear? Secondly, why cant we quick reply from the LS??!! Also, why doesn't mail appear in the LS?

12. The Tos macrumors 6502a

You can download what i think is called mailenhancer from cydia and email will work with mobilenotifier.

The issues i have with mobilenotifier are: It only shows one sms received at a time when the phone is unlocked, unless you go into the mobilenotifier switcher. And secondly, it doesnt clear the notification off of the sms client and i respond to a message.

13. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

The issues listed above were enough for me to ditch mobilenotifier. I am on the search for a better notification system via cydia or combo of tweaks.

14. The Tos macrumors 6502a

i use lockinfo with bitesms for lockscreen notifications. I also have opennotifier for status bar notifications. I find that to work the best.

15. NYRob94 macrumors member

NYRob94

Mobile notifier not in Cydia anymore?

I just jailbroke my phone to primaitly use mobile notifier but I can't find it in the Cydia app store. Did they take it down?

16. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Add http://phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo repository in Cydia to install MobileNotifier

17. NYRob94 macrumors member

NYRob94

18. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

19. Pennine macrumors 6502

Is Lockinfo free?

20. NYRob94 macrumors member

NYRob94

I may restore my iphone....

As I mentioned before this is the 1st time I've ever jailbroken my iphone and I'm starting to reconsider doing it. I installed mobile notifier and still don't know how to take advantage of it. All the best jailbroken apps are one's I have to pay for (if I'm going to pay for an app I'll do it legitimately from Apples app store) so unless anyone has any recommendations for FREE tweaks and apps that will make me want to stay jailbroken I think I'll restore it tonight.

I would really appreciate it if people respond to this post.
    Thanks for your time,
    Rob

21. The Tos macrumors 6502a

If your going to pay for apps from Apple, why not pay for the tweaks to make your phone better from developers? I much rather support devs. Bitesms, lockinfo, tetherme....all programs/tweaks worth jailbreaking and paying for. Your getting the jailbreak for free arent you? There are PLENTY of free themes and tweaks out there to improve your phone. Its just a matter of preference on what you like. Spend some time researching some themes and tweaks first.

22. NYRob94 macrumors member

NYRob94

thanks

thanks for the comments. where's the best place to research the tweaks and keep to up date with the newest jailbreak news? Also if I do wind up buying some jailbroken apps and update to ios5 how to i make sure i keep those apps. Also, I've hear from a lot of people that the number one reason they don't jailbreak is b/c it makes their device slow and buggy. How can I avoid this? Again I appreciate the comments.
    -Rob

23. The Tos macrumors 6502a

This forum is a good place to search and see themes. Google is also your friend on this. Updating to ios5 beta is your choice. some of the current jailbreak apps/themes/tweaks may not be compatabile. so waiting until the official release and official jailbreak of ios5 is your best bet to keep things running smoothly.

24. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Gave MobileNotifier another shot today. The quick reply is very slick. I highly doubt that this will make it to iOS 5, but it should.

However, there's no way to use this from the lock screen, and no way to quick-compose with it. Kind of hard to justify it over BiteSMS, especially when it doesn't clear out unread texts from Bite after replying. If this gets updated to resolve some of these issues, I'd install it again... not likely considering the developer has moved on.