MobileNotifier Tone Fix?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rdmaestro, Jun 14, 2011.

1. rdmaestro macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I need some help with MobileNotifier Beta 5.

I am aware many people have been having issues with the notification tone always being the default Tri-tone.

I have googled for a fix but to no avail. Does anyone know a possible solution to this bug? Or do I have to bear with it?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. wille2113 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Im having the same problem. Im having to use BiteSMS because i hate that sound so much. Pleaaase find a fix!

3. smeg36 macrumors regular

What I did was create a custom SMS tome (directions easily found on Google), named it SMS-received1.caf, and copied it onto my phone with iPhone Explorer. Now even though mobilenotifier is using the Tri Tone, it's still my custom SMS sound.

4. wille2113 macrumors newbie

I want to get rid of tri-tone

What I was asking is if there was a fix to change the mobile notifier tone/alert or whatever to something besides tri-tone

5. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Does that make every notification that uses the 'tri-tone' play you new SMS tone? Or do notifications use some kind of other 'tri-tone' when they play it?

6. smeg36 macrumors regular

They must use another tri-tone stored somewhere else. That only changes the sound played when a SMS comes in.

7. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Ok, I'll try this. Thanks so much! I never thought of this and TBH, this was the only thing keeping me away from MN. I'll happily use it now.

8. Odm3 macrumors newbie

How do i do that ? Can you please post a step by step instructions ?