MobileNotifier

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spamdumpster, Feb 27, 2011.

1. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I don't understand how this is "unobtrusive"... it sure takes up a lot of your screen to see your notifications. Even on the lockscreen.

How do you access it? It didn't really say on the website. Also, no status bar icons? Those are the best notifications, IMO, because you can see them without having to open anything. The UI here does look clean and polished, but I would really like notification icons in the status bar.

So far, LockInfo has been my favorite notifier app. I have it set up to basically mimic the Android's [far superior] notification system. Text messages, e-mails, missed calls... they all add an icon in the status bar. Then if I want to view them at a quick glance, I just swipe down on the status bar, which brings down the InfoShade, giving me previews of everything (upcoming calendar events, unread texts/e-mails, etc).

So while I'm curious about this new app, that website really doesn't explain much of anything regarding how it works. I would really like to see something like I described above.

3. spamdumpster thread starter macrumors 6502a

My post is a little confusing.

There's two separate things: (1) when you get a new notification, a notification bar appears just under the status bar. This is shown in the first screen shot. This can be dismissed or used to access the app that caused the notification.

(2) When you access the task switcher by double pressing the home button), the top part of the screen is replaced by a screen showing all of you're active notifications. That part of the screen isn't used by anything anyway, so this isn't too obtrusive.

It seems to work well, but I haven't played around with it long enough to know whether I'll keep it.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

hmmm doesnt work for me on 4.2.1

when i go into settings theres first of all the icon missing and it doesnt show anything besides a white blank page when i click on it

5. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Has anyone got it working on 4.2.1? I installed it from the repo and it just constantly crashes mobilesubstrate and I find myself in safe mode.

6. spamdumpster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Works fine for me on 4.2.1, iPhone 4. What else do you guys have installed?

7. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I have quite a few things installed but I'm not sure what would be conflicting. I've tried uninstalling LockInfo and notifiied pro but neither have helped so far.

I wonder if it has something to do with something leftover from beta2 that I had also installed?

8. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

hmm, It's working, but it's not pulling up any notifications. It just shows a blank screen.

9. fjd726 macrumors regular

Are you supposed to remove lockinfo for this to work? Downloaded it but nothing showing up as far as notifications.

10. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I never had lockinfo installed and nothing showed up for me.

11. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

The update from 3.1 to 3.2 appeared to fix my problems.

12. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

anyone know if it plays nice with biteSMS and Facebook?

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

14. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

HAHAH, i know. Believe it or not. Back in 07' i created the name real quick just so that I could ask a question. It turned out that I would be on the forums every day. I want to change it but then I would be in n00b status and unless you know of a way of changing it and still keeping that Iv'e been on the forums since 07

15. fjd726 macrumors regular

not getting any notifications for this. All that is working is when you double click from homescreen and a blank white screen pops up.

16. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Thanks for the explanation. It seems nice, but my biggest complaint as that I can't just take a quick glance at my phone to see the notifications. Once you dismiss the notification off the screen, you'll never know you have a notification again until you double-click the Home button to view them all. I'd still prefer a status bar icon to serve as a reminder. I mean, in all honesty, it's faster to just look at your home screen and see the red badges, than to double-click Home and see what needs to be attended to...

17. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I can confirm this doesn't work with bitesms.

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I gave this a try today, but got rid of it.
    Too flashy for me, obstructs my LockInfo screen.
    Couldn't assign a different action in Activator to launch the window (other than the default double tap on home button which also launches the multi-task bar)

It will likely appeal to others, but doesn't give an added features, just a different look as far as I am concerned.

19. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

Yeah same here, if these two would work together that would be amazing.

20. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

It's nice, but I uninstalled it. I will reinstall when they input these 2 things:

1) Works with biteSMS

2) Non-interference with other sound alerts of other apps. I got a notification from AIM and both the standard notification sound and AIM's own sound alerts clashed with each other. It sounded really weird and unpleasant.

21. vega07 macrumors 65816

The notification bar is way too thick. It needs to be thinner like Notification Grip, which I think is a great solution.

What I do love about it is that you can double tap to see the notifications.

Notification Grip + Notified Pro has been working great for me, so I don't see any reason to switch.

22. Truckondo macrumors member

Doesn't work with the alarm clock correctly. The alarm will go off but I couldn't find a way to silence it other than a reboot. I have hope for it though.

23. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I was all excited to try the program, but then I read this. :(

24. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I noticed the same problem with the timer as well. I really want to like this app, but not being compatible with bitesms and the clock app are a big no from me.