Mobilepros1 ipad on ebay

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Acorn, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

Has anyone actually received one of the ipads from this guy. I looked at all his auctions and he is auctioning every version of ipad that they sell. He has been selling these at the very least 2 months. I count at least 3 millions dollars worth of inventory sold. Yet if you look at his feedback history he has less then 3 feedback worth of ipad pros sold. are they actually shipping anything because I dont see hardly anything in his feedback unless no one is leaving feedback which i find hard to believe. since there is no negative i assuming this guy is stalling shipments and racking up millions of dollars.

2. nadaclue macrumors member

I was going to purchase one from him that was listed as "new", but when I inquired about it having a warranty the reply I got was that it did not come with an Apple warranty. Seemed a little fishy to me.

3. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

If it sounds too good to be true...
    Are there feedbacks on other expensive stuff?

Edit: the account has 120.000 sales and a 98% positive.
    That is not that good iirc with 45k positive, 500 neutral and 800+negative reviews.

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I think 98% is pretty good, especially with so many reviews. When you do that much business, sometimes things go wrong and you can't please anyone.

5. Acorn, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016

Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

I agree that you cant please everyone but you cant sell 3 million dollars worth of inventory with not a soul leaving feedback for that item. that makes no sense. If he's been selling those for months then there should be hundreds if ipad feedback if not more.

6. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Worry less, just file a dispute if you don't get what you expect.

7. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

I don't seem to qualify for a dispute. Not that I have had many, but the few I had there is always something that I should(n't) have done. And as always a bit of healthy scrutiny might prevent a lot of disputes, annoyances and waiting for an iPad that doesn't materialize in the end.

8. Macalway macrumors 68000

He probably meant Apple care.

Ebay is a buyers market now. Sellers need to tow the line as Ebay isn't going to put up with anything, as they insure it.

Then again, better safe then sorry. :D

9. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

There is nothing wrong with this approach, but you're already doing it wrong if you buy from eBay and think that it's "better safe than sorry".

In that case, buy from a physical store such as Best Buy and go verify your purchase in person.

10. Macalway macrumors 68000

Well sure, but there's retail+tax, and then there's thrift. I've never been 'really' burned on Ebay, and i've bought at least 2 hundred items.

However, that can't be said for Amazon Marketplace. Seems to me all of the thieves moved over to that when Ebay started cracking down

avoid like the plague

Note: I sell stuff constantly on Ebay, and I give AWESOME deals, so there :D

Just saying

11. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

@Macalway yup, I agree with you. Personally I wouldn't worry as much as @Acorn is doing - but as a buyer on eBay there's always going to be an inherent risk that you don't have from a physical store.

I personally think that risk is small for a seller that is frequently featured on "eBay Daily Deals", but the OP clearly doesn't agree, which I find perplexing - you can't have your cake and eat it. You gotta give and take a little.

Worrying over when it will finally ship seems like adding undue pressure to yourself. If you really want instant gratification and a 100% service guarantee, buy direct from Apple. You'll pay for it, but it really depends on whether that marginal increase in speed and "security" is worth the premium you pay (to me, and to you, definitely not - Apple products seem to be getting increasingly overpriced as competitors up their game every year).